- 1 Best Adult Skate Helmet – Our Top Picks
- 1.1 1) OutdoorMaster SKATEBOARD CYCLING HELL
- 1.2 2) Certified Triple Eight Sweatsaver Helmet for Skateboarding, BMX and Roller Skating
- 1.3 3) Retrospec CM-1 bicycle frame/monoskate for adult bicycle monoskate
- 1.4 4) OUWOR skateboard bicycle helmet
- 1.5 5) MONATA single-pattern hull
- 1.6 6) KORIMEFA Skateboard bicycle shell
- 2 Why We Picked The Above As The Best Skate Helmets For Adults
- 3 Choosing the best skate helmet for adults
- 4. Conclusion
Looking for the best skateboard helmet for adults? Read about the best on the market
Skating is a fun activity, but very dangerous, as even the most experienced skaters fall from time to time. This is the only way to learn new tricks and expand your skill set.
As with skating or ice skating, you will need a quality helmet when you skate on board. Hard hats provide adequate head protection to avoid the risk of serious injury. Traumatic brain injuries are serious, ranging from concussions to permanent damage. To avoid this risk, always wear a helmet.
The best skateboard helmet for adults: our top picks
1) OutdoorMaster MONOPATIN CYCLING HELL
This multi-sport cycling helmet is ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CPSC (US Consumer Product Safety Commission) certified, designed for comfort and impact resistance.
It is designed with two additional removable liners to accommodate different sizes and for easy cleaning. The helmet has a reinforced ABS SHELL combined with the shock absorbing EPS inner layer.
This skate helmet features a durable, snug fit knob and a skin-friendly, adjustable chin strap that ensures the ultimate fit and comfort. It is equipped with 12 air vents that will keep you cool and comfortable during hours of biking or walking.
Engineered for comfort and impact resistance, this OutdoorMaster cycling helmet features a reinforced ABS shell and a shock-absorbing EPS core for maximum durability.
It is designed with two removable liners for different head sizes and to facilitate sweat washing. The helmet has a soft ventilation system that helps protect you while you skate, bike, BMX or MTB for maximum enjoyment.outdoor teacherIt is known to be the best skateboard helmet for adults and children.
- Classic lightweight design in matte colors with modern features
- It has an extra removable lining.
- double adjustment
- The soft ventilation system and the double safety certification guarantee maximum protection
- Weight 1 oz. (400g)
- Dimensions: 26 x 21.5 x 18 cm (2 x 8.4 x 7 inches)
- Size: Small 18.1 - 20" (46 - 51 cm), Medium 20 - 22.8" (51 - 58 cm) and Large 21.3 - 23.6" (54 - 60 cm)
2) Triple Eight Sweatsaver Helmet certified for skateboarding, BMX and roller skating.
The Triple Eight THE Certified Sweatsaver Helmet for Skateboarding, BMX, Skating and Action Sports offers maximum comfort and safety with high-impact absorbing EPS foam and soft, dual-density Triple 8 Sweatsaver fabric liners. It is dual certified to meet US CPSC and ASTM F-1492 skate safety standards. It features two sets of moisture-wicking, odor-free sweat guard liners in two different sizes that you can mix and match for a custom fit. Terry cloth liners are secured with velcro tape and can be removed for easy washing.
The helmet has an adjustable chin strap and fastens with a side release adjustment buckle. It is available in four sizes to fit children, youth, and adults.
- Adjustable helmet strap with side release buckle ensures a secure fit
- Has two different sets of removable and washable sweatsaver liners
- Four sizes available: XS/S for 51-54 cm (20–21.25 in), S/M for 53–57 cm (21–22.5 in), L/XL for 57–60 cm (22.5 –23.5 in) ) and XL /XXL fits 23.5–24.5 in. (60–63cm)
- Meets US CPSC safety standard for bicycle helmets for children ages 5 and up and ASTM F-1492 safety standards for roller skates
3) Retrospec CM-1 bike frame/monoskate for adult bicycle monoskate
This is a classic skate design helmet with 8 vents to keep you cool and comfortable and 2 sets of interchangeable pads for a custom fit. The Retrospec CM-1 Bike/Skateboard Helmet features fully formed ABS surrounding high quality EPS foam to ensure safety in the event of an impact. The helmet comes in a variety of matte colors to choose from to perfectly highlight your bike and add to your personality. Recommended for cyclists aged 14 and over.
- Dry and without irritation
- The DEWcollector inner padding eliminates sweat, bad odors and bacteria.
- Six rectangular vents provide full ventilation as you move
- Tested and approved for Bike, Skate, Ski. CPSC 16 CFR Part 1203, STM F2040-11 / ASTM F1446, EN 1077, EN 1078
- Fully formed ABS surrounds high-quality EPS foam to ensure safety in the event of an impact
4) OUWOR Skateboard Bike Helmet
This skate helmet is made with two reinforced layers; The strong ABS resists impacts and the high-quality EPS is lightweight for comfortable wearing and provides more shock absorption security. It has 11 vents that provide plenty of airflow and reduce perspiration to keep you cool and comfortable. It is fully adjustable for a custom fit, provided by the crank adjustment knob at the rear of the helmet, 2 sets of pads with different thicknesses, and soft-length adjustable chin straps.
This helmet is ideal for use when skateboarding, rollerblading, inline skating, scootering, cycling, longboarding, rollerblading, hoverboarding, and street dancing. Definitely one of the best skate helmets for adults.
- fully adjustable
- Three size options; yes:48-54 cm (18.9-21.3 inches), Medium:54-57 cm (21.3-22.4 inches) and L:57-61 cm (22.4-24 inches). Large is for adults, men and women.
- The padding system provides effective shock absorption and sweat absorption.
- easy to clean
- 11 vents provide sufficient airflow,
5) MONATA skate helmet
The MONATA Skateboard Helmet features a heavy-duty construction comprised of a durable, high-density ABS shell, fitted with EPS foam for added protection. It is designed with 11 passive ventilation holes that help keep you safe and cool even during a hot summer. It has a self-adjusting Lifestyle Fit system with an accessible wheel for easy and precise adjustment at any time, thus providing comfort of use and maximum safety.
The skate helmet is equipped with a microfiber lining for added comfort across the forehead and features moisture-wicking fabric that wicks sweat away from the skin.
- hard shell protection
- Micro-adjust fit system
- EPS foam liner has a low profile and comfortable fit
- 11 open vents allow for maximum breathability
- A removable lining for easy washing.
6) KORIMEFA skate helmet
As one of the best adult skate helmets, the KORIMEFA Skateboarding Helmet is made with a nylon strap that can be adjusted to fit the wearer and a durable buckle that ensures the helmet stays in the correct position at all times. It is equipped with a dial on the back of the helmet that adapts to different head circumferences. The inner sponge lining of the bicycle helmet is removable and washable, making it easy to keep clean and dry.
This helmet has 11 multiple vents, a special aerodynamic design and breathable foam to reduce perspiration and keep the wearer cool. It is suitable for skateboarding, rollerblading, cycling, biking, BMX scooter and more.
- It has an adjustable strap for a perfect fit.
- Multiple adjustable elastic straps and Velcro closures provide maximum security
- removable inner foam
- Suggested age and head circumference;
- S: 48cm-54cm / 18.89”-21.26”, recommended age 3-8 years
- M: 54cm-57cm/21.26″-22.44″, recommended age 8-13 years
- L: 57cm-61cm/22.44″-24.02″, recommended age 14+
Why We Picked The Above As The Best Adult Skate Helmets
Durable and easy to adjust.Skating helmets are quite durable as they are designed for many small impacts. They can last a long time and have an adjustable component that allows you to continue wearing the helmet until your head exceeds the inner circumference.
Comfortable and protective-the best helmets are designed to be easy to wear, with a combination of internal padding and ample ventilation. This helps keep your head out of the wind and sun outdoors.
Balanced and lightSkate helmets are made to be lightweight to limit neck strain. Its design is well balanced to cover the cerebrum and cerebellum parts of the skull.
Security-The main function of a skate helmet is to protect your head from injury in the event of an accidental fall. Even if you just skate casually, it's important to deal with the risk of head injury with a helmet.
Fashion-Helmets are available in a variety of colors and styles. They also allow you to equip them with decals to improve aesthetics. You can also go for a more subtle helmet, such as a black helmet, which will blend in with the surroundings.
Choosing the best skateboard helmet for adults
This is probably the most important feature of any skate helmet. The outer layer is the main component that protects it from impacts. Many helmets are made of EPS material, which is very powerful against impacts and has relatively low densities. The shell absorbs the force of a minor impact and expands under a strong impact.
This is important for both comfort and an extra layer of protection. The inner shell securely supports the head and absorbs the force of an impact, thus protecting the skull. The padding includes removable pieces that are attached with Velcro to keep the helmet in the correct position while keeping you comfortable.
Before buying a helmet, it's important to consider whether it will fit you. You can determine this by checking the age range or by measuring your head circumference and comparing it to the helmet size chart.
Ventilation is important, especially if you plan to get a dark-colored, non-reflective (matte) helmet. Dark colors and thicker materials tend to absorb heat, so you need your helmet to be designed in a way that promotes breathability for maximum comfort.
The straps help when you need to close the helmet and keep it in place. Most helmets come with adjustable straps that are durable and securely attached to the helmet and buckle. Some use a dial mechanism, while others use a more traditional slider.
The buckle is needed to close the strap. It must be made of a strong polymer that is not prone to rust or corrosion. The best buckles are easy to clean and don't wear out easily. They are also easier to open and close.
It is important to look at the mechanism of the helmet handles. They should leave enough room for adjustments to meet different size specifications. The options are usually a slider and a dial, with the former being more durable and the latter easier to use.
Skateboarding is one of the most fun and risky outdoor activities anyone can do. Any skater will understand that the advantages of owning a helmet outweigh the disadvantages and therefore the need for a good quality helmet. I'm sure you already know what to look for in your next skate helmet and you can easily make a purchase.
See also:best skateboard helmets